Session Lunch: L’Oréal Round Table on 3Rs
Sharing Ethical Beauty – Education, Promotion, information on 3Rs
Jacques Leclaire, L’Oréal Research & Innovation, France
Troy Seidle, Humane Society International, Canada
Date: Tuesday 26 August 2014
Room: Congress Hall II
- Mohammad A. Akbarsha, Bharathidasan University, India
- Shujun Cheng, AQSIQ, China
- José Cotovio, L’Oréal Research & Innovation, France
- Hervé Groux, Immunosearch, France
- Robert Kavlock, US EPA
- Daiki Kyotani, Nikoderm, Japan
Efficient information sharing in 3Rs has become essential. Toxicology has reached a turning point and is being re-invented. Not only new approaches need to be elaborated, they also need to be shared with different stakeholders gradually. Setting up a broad outreach is key to the success of 3Rs.
This session's objectives are to enhance, empower and encourage initiatives on 3Rs and the following points will be covered:
- Collaborating with research and public institutions worldwide,
- Publishing and promoting the progress made in the field of alternative methods development, validation and availability,
- Encouraging the use and explaining the usefulness of these tools and methods among the worldwide regulatory bodies,
- Disseminating information and exchanging with regulatory bodies, representatives of the civil society, consumer associations, animal welfare,
- Training CROs, suppliers and academic partners,
- Developing scientific partnerships and collaborations, in order to go beyond current views and anticipate future challenges,
- Connecting directly with consumers through multiple media channels: press, blogs, websites,
- Transforming toxicology into a modern "21st century" innovative field of research.
The session will be run by Anne-Isabelle Tollet, journalist.